Web Designer – Front End Developer
What you’ll do
Our mission is to build a simple, engaging, joined-up and personalised digital experience of the University for everyone.
You will be a valued member of an experienced and supportive team of digital professionals within an innovative, creative and fast-paced unit.
You will play a key role in delivering a wide range of digital projects and services including best-in-class web applications with a laser focus on user experience, speed, conversion and continuous improvements.
Our web front-end is going through an exciting transformation, evolving its Design System and WCAG 2.1 AA compliance, establishing a solid foundation on which more functionalities can be built to meet our user’s needs.
You will: –
- work collaboratively with clients across the university and lead on an extensive range of critical projects to support the achievement of Ulster’s strategic goals
- develop websites for a variety of applications including start-ups, events, restaurants, theatres, gaming studios, to name but a few
- build accessible interfaces for web services to satisfy a variety of user needs, taking responsibility for the quality of code you produce
- create interfaces that are performant and based on user needs
- test and support systems
- share knowledge of tools and techniques with your team (both developers and non-developers)
Join our team to transform our approach to web development in a drive of digital transformation that will empower our students and staff to innovate, collaborate, inspire and grow.
Who you are
We’re interested in people who have:
- experience in building robust and accessible interfaces that work for as many users as possible, regardless of their needs
- an understanding of front-end web performance
- ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques
- a systematic approach to solving problems
- experience in using testing to validate solutions
- an understanding of agile environments and version control
- basic understanding of web security
- an awareness of technologies used for web applications, e.g. HTTPS, JSON and CDNs, and of Unix-like operating systems, e.g. Linux and/or Mac OS.
You will gain access to a wide range of employee benefits including flexible working, 21% employer pension contribution, generous holidays, Apple equipment, access to paid-for further study, sports access and so much more. This is a fantastic time to join Ulster University as ‘A New Chapter’ unfolds.
Be part of it.
The post can be based at any campus and will be agreed with the successful candidate. Ulster University holds a Bronze Athena SWAN award in recognition of our commitment to advancing gender equality in higher education, read more on our website https://www.ulster.ac.uk/peopleandculture/employee-benefits/equality-diversity/athena-swan. The University has a range of initiatives to support a family friendly working environment, including flexible working.
Job ID :
Close Date :